May 02, 2010

The Ironman...

was AMAZING!!! I didn't think much of the Ironman except that it was 2.4 miles of Swim, 112 miles of Bike, and 26.2 miles of Run, but it has definitely been a once in a lifetime experience! (and I just watched!) I had the opportunity to work at "The Warehouse" booth, where I do Zumba, at the Ivins Fitness Festival. The bike path was right next to the festival so we got to watch as the bikers pedaled through! Once I saw those first bikers come through my heart really went out to them, so much determination and courage and strength these athletes have! The festival was so much fun! Our booth was right in front of the stage so we got to see all the excitement, such as....THE BIGGEST LOSERS!!! I had heard on the radio that there were going to be some Biggest Losers at the Ironman but I didn't know where or when and oh my heck, there they were right in front of me all day! So being the crazy lady I am, I had to get pictures....

Seth (Season 2) * Erik (Season 3) * Jim (Season 4)

Suzy (Season 2)

Sione and Filipe (Season 7)

Dan (Season 5) and his awesome band.
His mom Jackie (Season 5) was also there!

These guys were all awesome! They would talk with everyone and take pictures with them, just awesome! Jim even came and talked with me! I was sitting at my booth later in the afternoon and so he came and sat with me and we talked for a good 30 minutes! He gave me some health pointers and some really nice compliments which was way awesome and he even told me some secrets about some of the Biggest Losers! (Don't ask cause I won't tell!) Overall, it was an incredible day! Not only did I meet some of the Biggest Losers, but I got to tell everyone about my new passion...ZUMBA! I got to tell everyone how awesome The Warehouse is and we even got to do a demo for all to see! Andrea Riggs (our instructor) is just amazing! Her energy and passion in unreal! THANK YOU Andrea for inviting me to share in your joy of representing The Warehouse and Zumba! Thank You!! After the festival was over Amy, Neighbor Nick, and I went up to Tabernacle & Main to watch the runners come through the finish line. This. Was. INCREDIBLE! I always thought that people who did these type of marathons are just plain crazy, but I've changed my thinking...they are incredible!!! There were young, old, short, tall, tiny, and bigger people doing the Ironman. The roundabout was the half way mark and finish line. It was overwhelming to see those running around the roundabout for the 2nd loop of the run, watch as those that were finishing run to the finish line. I loved cheering/yelling/supporting for the athletes. We watched for a couple hours and then decided to walk up to The Pizza Factory to get some dinner. After dinner we went home to rest after our long day. About 11:00pm me and Nick went back over to cheer on the rear! (Cause that's where I would be!) There were still lots of people still running through, a lot of them that we saw at the halfway mark! The last 10 minutes was very intense! We were pretty much yelling at the athletes to hurry! With 3 minutes left to go we had 2 runners come through the finish line! The clock struck midnight and the buzzer went off, the Ironman was over. We all looked up the hill to see if anyone was still coming and sure enough, there was 1 man still running. The crowd stayed put and cheered on this one man. This man was 62 years old and crossed the finished line at 12:01...the announcer announced him as "(his name) YOU ARE AN IRONMAN!" It was incredible! The Ironman isn't a marathon to beat the guy next to you, it's something to accomplish for yourself! Families cheering on their dad, a husband kissing his wife, friends and couples holding hands as they cross the finish line, and middle-aged women holding back the tears as they finish....you people are not crazy for what you have accomplished, you are INCREDIBLE!!!! Thank you to everyone that made this day an awesome day!!


Thank you Ironman! Much Love Ü

1 comments:

stephanie said...

I will be at the finish line cheering you on when you cross the finish line :) They are amazing and i can't even imagine doing that! sweet pics too :)