March 31, 2010

A Colorful Crazy Time...

at the FeStIvAL oF cOLoRs!!! This thing was crazy! It was like "Mormons Gone Wild"...seriously! Its thousands and thousands of people who come to the Radha Krishna Temple in Salem, UT and take part in the festival they have. There are so many people who attend this thing that they had to set up two times you could come and celebrate because so many attend. At the festival the Krishna people put on a program where they dance and tell the story of the Festival of Colors (which I didn't pay attention to because I was taking pictures!) and then do a count down from 20 to throw the colors! I really had no idea what this festival was about but I knew I had to take part this year! I had seen the pictures from last year and wondered, "what the heck is this?!" and so I saw an advertisement about it this year on facebook and said, "heck yes, I am there!" So with that, I shall show you my crazy adventure at the fEsTivAL Of CoLoRS...

Kylie and I so excited for our ROAD TRIP!
What?! Every ROAD TRIP needs a Gansta Pic!
"Cheese on ice...we'll do whatever you like...yeah!"
(inside joke)
The Radha Krishna Temple
Our Holi Wear...Official Shirt and Colored Powder
Our Holi Eye Wear
(we think it's suppose to go between the eyes, oops!)
Ready to get my Holi on!
Our Holi Group
Kylie * Kirstin * Will * Kiera * Jaynee
Derek and I gettin our Holi on with Red Bull
BEFORE
DURING
AFTER
Holi Dirty!!!
The Thousands of Krishna na na People
(or people like me who just wants to have fun!)
My Wonderful Colorful Friends
Willard! Me and Will went to Snow College
and haven't seen each other since...so fun to see him!
My Dirty Toes
Our Holi Hippie Photo

There are a lot more pictures of course but there is a sneak peek of went on! It was a lot of fun and I'm already recruiting future Krishna na na people for next year! After the festival we went into Orem and ate at Cafe Rio. It was so good! I was so hungry that I ate a whole salad by myself! We went back to Kylie's house and got washed up (washing my hair twice!) and taking a nap! After a nice little snooze we got ready and headed back to Provo to an after-party at The Loft, which was LAME! Provo dances sure are a lot different than those here in St.George...thanks AJ and Mikey for some awesome parties! The dance was lame so we headed over to Brady Jones' apartment to hangout. For the most part, the weekend was nothing but awesome...
* got some cheese at the Cheese Factory and then made a remix song about it!
* listened to 1 through 32 NOW cd's! Thanks Amy!
* "Manderfield! Let's Go There!" -Kylie
* saw some much needed friends...Nephi Boys from Snow College (Brady Jones, Casey Jones, Chase Olpin, Tyler Olsen), Cory Boyack also from Snow, and Will Brock...also from Snow! Just comes to show after YEARS of not seeing each other its as if we're still at college having fun! Love all you boys!
* "It's just something I don't need in my life right now!" -Mack, in regards to the Festival of Colors
* got to experience the fEsTIvaL oF cOlORs!
* saw Bounty Hunter. "you could show me your b**bs..."
* "You're an Idiot!" -Kirstin
* and just got to have a lot of fun with my girl Kylie!


Just a few more pics to wrap up the weekend...Thanks Kylie for all the fun!!! Much Love Ü
Didn't want to get my clothes dirty since we got them colored earlier!
Not quite sure about Provo, Utah...haha!
Dance was lame so... PHOTO OPT!
The End.

1 comments:

stephanie said...

you are nuts and that looks so crazy... can't wait to hear about it in person this weekend :)