March 05, 2010

Happy 24th Birthday...

to me!! Sorry for the delay in posting but I have been without the internet and when I do have it, it doesn't work so thank you parentals for your internet! So last weekend I turned the Big 2-4, oh yes people...I am 24 these days! This birthday was just like any other birthday, awesome! For those who truly know me know that my birthdays are always a blast! I always make sure something is planned so my birthday is just not another ordinary day...it's a celebration! Here's how it went down...

Thursday after work my friend Kadin and I headed to Vegas to see the Tournament of Kings dinner show. Can I just tell you how much I LOVE Vegas?! I LOVE VEGAS! Anyways, the show was awesome! Neither one of us had ever been before so we decided to go in celebration of my birthday. The food was surprisingly good and the show wasn't too bad either. Kadin was a great date but our company was even better! There was this guy who sat by us who was totally in the spirit, and I don't even think he was drunk! We sat in the Ireland section and this guy would always stand up and yell/grunt "IRELAND" and then rest of our section would join in on the yelling and chanting! It was hilarious! He definitely made the show a hundred times better! "IRELAND"! What a great way to start the birthday bashing!!
Our Dinner
Kadin Allen and I at the show
After the show we weren't quite ready to go to Amber's just yet (Thanks Amber for letting us stay!) so what better things to do in Vegas than gamble and dance!! Vegas was a mad house since it was Nascar Weekend so everybody was gambling so instead of fighting for the tables we just stuck to the machines! Kadin got hooked on a Roulette machine so we were there for awhile. These Chinamen were there and they were hilarious! They just kept throwing their money in and playing, so much fun watching them play! I was Kadin's good luck charm, even though he didn't listen to me all the time! I was on a roll...always go black!! After losing our money (a whole $5!) we went dancing. We got some wristbands for the club Prive in Planet Holleywood so we went to check it out. It was totally lame, only 5 of us were dancing! Yep 5, one white kid was dancing by himself! It was fun but not fun enough...we continued to walk the strip, watch the Dancing Waters, and hit up some late night Dennys! Thanks for an awesome night Kadin and Amber, always a pleasure seeing you! Even you Howie!! Thanks guys!
Kadin with our Gamblin' Chinamen
Kadin and I at Club Prive
My Birthday Milkshake
Friday I headed back to St.George to really celebrate my birthday! My sister had called me a few months ago to tell me Colbie Calliet was coming to St.George and that she was coming on February 26th and she wanted to take for my birthday, sweet! So I ran over and got tickets the day they went on sale! 2nd Row Baby! My 2 best friends from high school, Ashley and Leigh, came along with me and Steph. It was such an awesome night! Thank you girls for always celebrating my birthdays with me!
The 3 Girlies at The Pizza Factory
Ashley's face is just priceless!
Something "HOT" my sis gave me! I still don't know what it is! Foot Scrub?!
"Oh Yeah, you KNOW what time it is!"
This card was from Brooklin and Mason and when I had opened it I didn't even notice that MY face was on the front! I opened it and laughed cause it was a Zac Efron card and then continued to flip it open to see the inside, I flipped it back and then noticed my face on it and started laughing so hard! Steph said that when Brooklin saw my face on it she started laughing! Oh man...thanks for the creativity Steph!
Not only was Steph creative, so was Ashley. This is Ashley telling me that she's PREGNANT! She gave me 36 cents. I really don't remember the meaning of each coin but it was really cute! Both Ashley and Leigh are pregnant...bring on the baby shopping!
Stephanie * Kirstin * Leigh * Ashley
Justin Young opened for Colbie Calliet
Colbie Calliet
Colbie and Justin... they were awesome!
Me and My Seester
Our Excited Faces
Both me and Steph got to shake her hand!
Colbie wasn't ready yet for our picture...I waited!
Thanks Momma for my birthday cake! My parents were up north for the weekend so they couldn't be here to help celebrate, but without fail, my mom made my FAVORITE birthday cake ahead of time and had my sister bring it up! You're the best Mom! Thanks a ton...it was sooooo good!
Opening my birthday presents from the parentals
My New Cabbage Patch Blanket!
So, when I was 4 my Grandma Winters made me a Cabbage Patch blanket for me for Christmas. I have used that blanket every day since! It made the move to Mesquite, went with me to college, I went on some vacations with it, and still at 24 years of age, I still sleep with it...until now! Apparently my mom is sick of seeing its raggedyness and decided to make me a new one. This was suppose to be last years birthday present but with a year of hard work, it is now completed! I'm really excited about my new one but its gonna be sad not sleeping with the original! Thanks Mom for the ridiculously large blanket...who else is 24 years old and is sleeping with a Cabbage Patch blanket?!

Just when you thought all the balloons have been popped, all the candles have been blown out, and all the "Happy Birthday to You"s have been sung, your friends go and do something like this....
Lindsey Polatis and I
My good friends Lindsey and Sarah had invited me over Saturday night to hangout and watch a movie. They told me 9:00pm but I was at WalMart with Dave and Matt and well, we took our time shopping! We didn't get over to Lindsey's house until 10:00pm and to my surprise, they had a little birthday bash waiting for me! Some of the kids had already left cause they told me 9 (oopsie!) but it was still so great! Linds surprised me with a Reese's Ice Cream Cake lite with candles and everything! We enjoyed the night watching Couples Retreat and eating some fabulous ice cream cake! Thank you so much for the party and for everyone who was there! I love you girls and appreciate all that you did for my birthday!
The Fabulous Reese's Ice Cream Cake
(my name is even spelled correctely!)
My Christmas/birthday present from Lindsey!
She made this jewelry keeper hangy thingy for me...i LOVE it!

Well, there ya have it! Thank you all so much for the great birthday! I spent the weekend with a lot of friends who I just love and adore! Thank You! Now, time to start planning for next year...25! Ah!
 Much Love Ü

3 comments:

stephanie said...

25 definitely is a cali trip to ellen! i'll plan it :)

Burton Fam said...

UM TOTALLY JEALOUS OF THE COLBIE CONCERT!!!!!!

*kirstin* said...

CARSON!!!! Next time love, next time!