March 20, 2010

A Date With...

my blog! Amy is out on a date and well, I am not! So here I am spending my Saturday night blogging! Just wanted to give an update on what's been going on... I've been working a lot here in the month of March. A lot of people have been needing my help on my days off, so being the nice person I am, I always say yes and work. Along with all the work, there has been a lot of play as well! The weather here in St.George has been beautiful! Last Wednesday me and my friends spent the day playing sand volleyball, playing football, and just lying by the pool! It was so nice to soak up all that sun! My best friend McKenzie had her baby on the 1st. Mya Ann weighing in at 3 pounds. She was originally due the end of April but had her a couple months early. Both Mya and Kenzie are doing well. Mya will stay at the hospital until her little body grows some more but everything is going well! Congrats Kenz, I love you and your little baby! Some old friends decided to come visit which is always exciting! Hailee Thompson and her friends stayed a night at my house while on their way to the 311 concert in Vegas. We watched our New York video together which was hilarious! Hailee was a nanny I met when I went to visit Amber. We spent the whole week together and I remember telling her when we dropped her off at her car at the train station, "I know we just met but I love you!" That was 4 years ago and we've just kept in touch since then! My friend Brady Jones from Snow College came down earlier this week to play baseball in Mesquite. We had so much fun! We visited lots, went to the mall to buy him some sunglasses, got us some Frazils, and went to WalMart! Doesn't sound like much, but for a Monday night in St.George...it was awesome! Thanks Brady for an awesome night! Also this week, my old roommate Jessica Thurman came to visit. It was good to see Jessica cause it has been such a long time. We spent a lot of time just talking and had dinner with Leigh to catch up on things. Jessica lives in Laguna Hills so you know where my next vacation will be! Love ya Jess! It's been great seeing everyone and I'll be seeing a lot more of you with my 2 trips to Salt Lake in the next couple of weeks!
 

 Sarah and I on our Birthday Date...We had dinner at Applebees together and then went bowling with the boys. Dinner was awesome...I love ya Sarah! Good times for sure!
The Ory Boys...Cory and Roury
These boys think they are so good at bowling but in reality, they're not! My 1st game wasn't all that impressive so they were really thinking they were gonna kill me both games but my second game was awesome! I beat all the boys but Roury and I only lost by 5 pins! Booyah Boys!

So neither do I or Amy have a Spring Break away from school or work so we decided to have a mini one anyways! Last Saturday I headed down to Vegas to play with Amy since she was already there from softball. Her great parents took us to the buffet at The Orleans and Papa Gleic gave Amy $10 to gamble with. We would take turns spinning the ole slots to get more money but we lost like $3. We were suckers and would never stop while we were ahead! Afterward, we met up with the Ory Boys from St.George. Cory and Roury had come down for a basketball game and decided to play with us before going back home. We went to the ESPN Zone and played games...and no people, Roury didn't win them all! It was a lot of fun with these guys, they're so much fun to be around! Cory wanted to go back home so he could go to church but we were all tempting him to just stay the night and continue having with us...it didn't happen! Cory and Roury headed back returning to St.George at 3 in the morning! As for us girls, we weren't done playing...Amy and I headed over to the Monte Carlo to watch Zowie Bowie. Its this guy and girl who do cover bands singing and dancing! It was actually a lot of fun watching them but both Amy and I were so tired from work that day that we didn't last long on the dance floor! We went back to Amy's parents and crashed not waking up till 1:00 the next day! Her parents said if they didn't know me any better they would think I had a hangover! I love Mama and Papa Gleic! It was a great night getting out of St.George and having some Spring Break fun!
Kirstin * Amy * Roury * Cory
Boys...and their balls!
and ours?!
"winna winna cheekin dinna"
and the losers but hey its okay...we still love you!
702 Girls...yea yea!

And these would be from last nights fun...Honolulu Grill for great food and great entertainment! Gotta love me some Karaoke! And then off to another great dance brought to you by STGevents, our buddy AJ, and DJ Mikey! We sure do love to "shake what our momma gave us" and this time we even did a lil ZUMBA! 

Tira * Kirstin * Amy
Amy * Tira * Kirstin * Kylie

Thanks everyone for all the fun memories! Much Love Ü

2 comments:

The Davis' said...

Kirst! I didn't know you had a blog! How exciting. Another way to keep in touch.
P.s. You look Super pretty!

*kirstin* said...

hey T! yeah i finally got one! i'm still fairly new at it but i'm getting there! i'm just excited to have one so i can see what's going on with everyone else! its been fun! when are you coming down next? me and rachel are ready for a girls night!!! love ya lots!