June 12, 2011

California...

Here We Come!!! Us girls, Lindsey & Sarah Polatis and Crystal Larsen, decided to be young and spontaneous!! We all had the same weekend off, which never happens! So we decided to go for the sun and hit the beach! As it turns out, our "spontaneous" trip wasn't so... "spontaneous" anymore!! We were so excited, we booked are flights from Vegas to Long Beach and booked our hotel at the cheapest one we found called, The Royal Inn. We were just going to take a shuttle down to Vegas and then taxi where we needed to go... thinking all this would be cheaper than just driving! We got everything booked and to bed we went. We all woke up the next morning thinking "what did we just do?!" Now, we wanted to drive because now it would be cheaper AND we would have a car! (Excitement took over our Reasonable Thinking!) So, we called to cancel our flights leaving us with a $130 voucher! A Voucher! Looks like another trip will be planned since I have a voucher now! So we got that taken care of... but now cause my car was the biggest, I had to go get new tires on my car cause I don't think she would have made it to Cali and back without one of the tires going! After getting new tires, getting work covered so we could leave a day earlier, we were set to go!!

Thursday, May 19th --- Long Beach, California

 Lindsey * Sarah * Crystal * Kirstin
 On our way to Cali

After driving for about 5 hours, we finally made it to our hotel... in the ghetto! Probably the worst part of town and we were suppose to be sleeping there. There was a man taking his child and his bike up to their room, looked like a place people actually lived! Well as the man continued to stay outside on the balcony watching us, we all voted we did not feel good about staying there at all and continued to another hotel. We had to pay for the first night at The Royal Inn but we didn't care at that point! We finally found a Quality Inn in a better part of town, and that we felt better about. So much for being spontaneous....

 IHOP for some dinner
Chocolate Chip Pancakes, yum!!

Friday, May 20th --- Downtown Long Beach
*BUBBA GUMPS*
 Funny Story... We had just gotten up from our table and walked into their little gift shop, not more than 10ft away. Well I had drank 3 Pepsi's during lunch and when I stood up, it all hit me at once and I had to pee! We walked in the gift shop and without thinking I said out loud, "I gotta pee!" The cashier lady started laughing and I apologized for my outburst of what I was feeling. She then said, "We have a license plate for that!" and I said, "For what?" and then she pointed above my head. I looked and there it was, "I GOTTA P" license plate! We all started laughing and then I bolted to the restroom! So funny!!!
 El Camino BUS! Awesome!
 Explanation... It was getting hot outside and we had just ate so I was getting tired. We got to this corner and said, "Guys I just want to lay down!" So I did! It felt so good that I asked Lindsey to join me! I seriously could have laid there all day!
 That's me... SHARKY!
 View from Signal Hill
You could see everything, such a clear day for California
 *My Girls*
 After walking around downtown Long Beach, we decided to hit the POOL!
 We were bored from laying out... picture time!
 The girls had never been to a Major League Baseball game
 and it just so happened that the Angels were playing the Braves that night!
 Angles KILLED the Braves by 10!
 Matching Tee's
 I had met Anthony on my cruise back in March. He had posted on facebook that he was going to the Angels game so we decided to meet up! He's from Washington so it was way cool we were both not only in Cali, but at the same game at the same time!
 *Angel Converts*
 Can't do a baseball game without the Chuck T's!
 Sweet Fireworks
 Earlier in the day we were singing "Twist & Shout" and then laughed how Ferris sings it in the parade... and what do you know, they played it after the game!
 Our "code" names... Lola, Gretchen, Norma

Saturday, May 21st --- Huntington Beach

 We headed to Huntington Beach today to sit on the beach and catch some sun! It was pretty overcast the first part of the day but by the afternoon the sun was a shinning!!
 Sand Volleyball
 Apparently the zoom is on, but Sarah always squints in pictures so this is proof that she does!
 Zoey... our trip buddy!
 "You guys must be from out of town?"
 "How can you tell!"
 Me and Lindsey Lou
 Beach time, YES!
 We love HB!
 Love this girl
 "and the sun.... is shinning!"
 the ocean.
 Lunch time with a little dessert!
 SLURPEE! Best part about the whole trip!!
 I LOVE that sight! One of my favorite places for sure!!!
PF Changs for Crystal's Birthday
Lighthouse at Night... so pretty!
 View from Signal Hill
 We had met a She/Man (Tom Tom) earlier in the day and it just so happen, Tom Tom was staying right next to us! We were just happy to have the lock on OUR side!! Ya just never know...

Sunday, May 22nd --- Homeward Bound

 We hung out a bit in Long Beach before heading home and then off we went! Went by pretty fast if ya ask me! Lots of Celine Dion, The Carpenters, and ending the night with Britney Spears. It was a blast!
 Sure do love these ladies!!

Even though we hit a few "bumps" on our "spontaneous" trip, it was so fun! Thanks for coming ladies, it was a lot of fun! Who's ready to go again?! Much Love Ü

1 comments:

Unknown said...

sounds like and LOOKs like you had a ton of fun! lucky. I'm still waiting for us to book our trip to vegas for a weekend. Gotta get to it lady! ;) I sure miss trips together. I'm thinking we need to get on this whole trip planning asap. I'm needing some YOU time!